- Seasons Prompts + Sidekick
- Scientific illustration: Curate your own seasonal collection
- Using a spinner to move through seasons of life
- Liven Up Your Creative Palette!
- Seasons of Collage
- Acrylic Painting Techniques Tutorial
- Creating maps to illustrate the seasonal landscape
- Documenting Your Emotions in a Lunar Calendar
- Leaf and flower gelli prints for all seasons
- Creating a Seasonal Mood Board
- Repeat patterns: creating decorative designs in your art journal
Liven Up Your Creative Palette!
In this video, I explain three simple principles of color to liven up your creative palettes: color value, temperature and intensity. Use these tips to make your Spring-, Summer-, Fall- or Winter-themed art shine! For tons more color goodness, check out two of my favorite inspiration websites, www.color-collective.com and www.loveprintstudio.blogspot.com
Supplies used in this video:
- Liquitex Professional acrylic paint
- Windsor & Newton Galeria acrylic paint
- Grumbacher Academy acrylic paint
- Simply Simmons round paint brush, size 8
- Canson 96 lb. bristol paper
- Dick Blick disposable paper paint palette
Julie Marriott is a painter, pattern designer, wife and mom from San Diego, California. She’s passionate about creating bold and joyful artwork for the color-loving soul. In between creating her colorful paintings, Julie loves to teach local acrylic painting workshops and share about her creative process through her podcast, Make Share Grow.