- Seasons Prompts + Sidekick
- Scientific illustration: Curate your own seasonal collection
- Using a spinner to move through seasons of life
- Liven Up Your Creative Palette!
- Seasons of Collage
- Acrylic Painting Techniques Tutorial
- Creating maps to illustrate the seasonal landscape
- Documenting Your Emotions in a Lunar Calendar
- Leaf and flower gelli prints for all seasons
- Creating a Seasonal Mood Board
- Repeat patterns: creating decorative designs in your art journal
Acrylic Painting Techniques Tutorial
In this video, I share three fun acrylic painting techniques to create painted patterns in your journal. We’ll walk through dry brush stripes, rose florals, and an ombre wash. Feel free to use whatever colors inspire you and fit the season you’re creating for!
Supplies used in this video:
- Liquitex Professional acrylic paint
- Windsor & Newton Galeria acrylic paint
- Simply Simmons and Princeton round paint brushes, both size 8
- Canson 96 lb. bristol paper
- Dick Blick disposable paper paint palette
Julie Marriott is a painter, pattern designer, wife and mom from San Diego, California. She’s passionate about creating bold and joyful artwork for the color-loving soul. In between creating her colorful paintings, Julie loves to teach local acrylic painting workshops and share about her creative process through her podcast, Make Share Grow.