- Play Prompts + Sidekick
- Paper dolls: making your illustrations interactive.
- Junk drawer as treasure trove: using household items to make marks in your journal
- A Zillion Ways to Fill a Sketchbook
- Scavenger Hunt: Get inspired by your neighborhood
- The paintbrush of power: Using comics and cartoons to turn yourself into a superhero
- Scribble Play: Creating a mixed media mosaic scribble
- New do! Styling hair in your journal pages.
- Seeing patterns: Carve your own rotating stamp
- Roll the art dice: a creative art journaling game
A Zillion Ways to Fill a Sketchbook
There are a zillion ways to fill a sketchbook. Danny and Koosje share tips to push you out of your comfort zone and help you grow your sketchbook into a work of art.
After you watch this video, it’s your turn! Choose two of the following ideas and use them in your own sketchbook: working with stamps, collaging with patterned or textured paper, combining two different mediums in one sketch, prepping a page with a wash of watercolor before using it in a sketch. We can’t wait to see what you create!
Danny and Koosje
Sketchbook Skool was founded by Danny Gregory (New York) and Koosje Koene (Amsterdam). Danny Gregory taught himself to draw in his mid-thirties, after a tragic accident changed his life. Drawing brought him peace and joy and a new perspective on life. As a kid in Holland, Koosje Koene drew all the time… and she never stopped. She went to school to study graphic design, then worked for ten years as an award-winning professional photographer. But eventually her love of drawing and painting took over, and she became an illustrator and began blogging and teaching drawing online.