- Connections Prompts + Sidekick
- How to paint an acrylic greenhouse
- Connections Inspir-action
- How to find hidden imagery in paint spatters
- Creating Rituals around your art journaling
- Techniques for using ink in your art journal
- How to create layers with transparencies
- Gathering ephemera for meaningful collage
- How to make an envelope journal
- How to make a folded accordion book about everyday details
- The benefits of creating an art journaling habit
- Creating a mixed media self portrait
- A guide to continuous line drawing
- Using thread and vintage elements to connect to the past
How to paint an acrylic greenhouse
We’re in awe of Julie and her magical art. Obviously her hand-painted floral necklaces speak directly to Caylee’s soul. As does her new podcast about her studio practice and creative process. It’s all magic. So we asked her to share a tutorial with you. We are so happy to have you share your art with us, Julie. Over to you.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to paint your own mini greenhouse in acrylics. We’ll focus on simple color mixing and beginning brush strokes to fill your magical little house with plants.
Julie Marriott is a painter, pattern designer, wife and mom from San Diego, California. She’s passionate about creating bold and joyful artwork for the color-loving soul. In between creating her colorful paintings, Julie loves to teach local acrylic painting workshops and share about her creative process through her podcast, Make Share Grow.