- Contrast Prompts + Sidekick
- Contrast Inspir-action
- How to weave with paper
- Creating contrast by juxtaposing moods
- Combining warm and cool colours to create contrast
- How to use a gelli plate to create faces
- Obscuring journaling with mixed media layers
- How to combine contrasting media
- Masking and resist techniques
- Repurposing small pieces of old artworks
- How to use scale to create contrast
- How to paint intuitively
- How to paint faces in your art journal
- How to work with negative space
How to combine contrasting media
Hi again messians!
In this post, I will share with you quick tutorials on contrasting mediums. These are the tools and products you wouldn’t necessarily think about mixing together / the ones that resist each other. I have 4 pairs of contrasting mediums to share with you today have made a video tutorial for each pair. In the videos, you can see step by step how I use the two techniques together and then I am also sharing those finished pages.
Oil Pastel + Ink
A classic pairing! I love how resistant the oil pastel is and how you can play with colours.
Collage + Watercolour
Mixing these two elements gives you such beautiful blending and interesting transparencies.
Acrylics + Felt Tips
My favorite technique in this post! Perfect if you love colour and playing around with matte finishes.
Acrylics + Washi Tape
A messy method resulting in quick layers and depth to your page.
Try at least one of these contrasting medium techniques in your journal this week!
Julia is a British designer and creative enthusiast. She loves to express herself through shape, colour and pattern – living by the ethos of more is more!