- Gifts Prompts + Sidekick
- Art Journaling with Children
- Creating self portraits through blind drawing
- The Life-Altering Wizardry That is Morning Work
- The Mailable Art Journal
- How to create a collage of hands
- Creating expressive pages without looking
- Hiding your journaling on your pages
- A guide to working with themed art journals
- Using Stencils
- Adding metallic shine to your pages
- Messy Spaces
- Make an upcycled journal from gift wrapping supplies
Make an upcycled journal from gift wrapping supplies
Hi there everyone, it’s Tanyalee here with my final tutorial post for the 2016 Get Messy Creative Team, I have loved every minute of my CT duties and look forward to what 2017 brings.
For my tutorial today I am going to show you how to make an art journal out of gift wrapping supplies you may have at home.
What you will need:
- A range of gift wrapping supplies (gift bags, cards, gift wrap, tags, doilies)
- Any other papers you might like to add for variety (watercolour paper, Kraft paper etc)
- An awl for poking holes
- A needle
- A thread of some kind (I used crochet cotton)
- Letter thickers for a title
- Scissors, tape runner, bulldog clips, paper trimmer
I’ve produced a video to show you how it’s done:
I hope you are inspired to create your own journal for this season, or to just use up some gift supplies after the holiday season.
Thanks again for allowing me to share some skills with you this year. Stay Messy lovely people.
Tanyalee is a mum to three grown up kids, a wife to her childhood sweetheart, a full time graphic designer and a part time crafter/art journaler. She loves growing veggies to feed her family, she loves raising her fur babies (cats, rabbits and guinea pigs) and she loves spending her spare time just pottering around her house. Tanyalee LOVES being at home more than anything else – as long as her family is nearby.