Deborah is my business bestie. She runs a membership for handmade sellers called Tizzit. We send each other daily voice notes about the highs and lows of business and everything in between. In this podcast episode, which is essentially a one-hour voice note, we discuss work/life balance, Deb’s French/Australian accent and whether it holds her back, running an imperfect business, and fear of success (yes, fear of success).
This is what actually goes into a six-figure creative business.
Podcast Show Notes
- how selling your soul is not worth it
- the rollercoaster of running your own business
- what surprised Deborah the most about running a business
- mindset, imposter syndrome, and fear of success (yes, fear of success)
- do you have to be Type A to run a business
- doing things that you don’t want to
- getting over having an accent on the internet and putting yourself out there anyway
- running an imperfect business, should-ing yourself, being hashtag authentic, and the mess
- self forgiveness and being okay with chaos
- more than zero is enough / finding the minimum thing and protecting that
- being grateful and protecting what you have
- sharing your story, having permission, finding your people,