Blind contour ideas
Here are a few subjects you can focus on to practice blind contouring:
- part of your body
- your entire body
- the curve of your body
- hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, body hair
- interesting lines
Use a mirror, a photograph, or your own vision.
You can use a plain pen and printer paper, but for more fun in the process, I recommend
- soft paper (I used onion skin paper from an old book and Tomoe River paper)
- something to write with that you don’t have much control over (I like my Kuretake Brush Pen No. 24)
Here’s how I turned my own body into art using LINE.
Thank you for showing up. Take a step back, take in the details, see the beauty.
What is your body saying?
- turn your body into art using this lesson’s element of art: LINE
- blind contour your body, or part of your body
- turn that blind contour into further art in your journal
want to explore more?
Thank you for taking a brave first step into turning your body into art.
Here is a peek into the lessons in the full class: