Free Lesson: Reverse Zines
A reverse zine is a zine that starts as a sheet and becomes a mini journal, rather than the other way around. It uses the magical power of cropping to make your art look absolutely gorgeous no mater what it looked like before.
It’s my favourite “hack” when I’m struggling with overthinking, perfectionism, and just being in my head too much.
Allow it to become your favourite hack too.
First and foremost, Caylee Grey is a journaler and artist. She’s also a wife, mom, and the Fairy Artmother of Get Messy.
- papers from old books, old invoices, and the Flow Magazine
- Kremer’s neon pink watercolor
- my regular Kuretake Brush Pen No. 24
- leftover neon yellow paint (it’s Schmincke acrylic)
- leftover white texture paste
- neon yellow spray paint (I love Montana Gold)
- found poetry
- reprint onto frosted transparent inkjet printer paper (PPD is the brand I use in Germany)
- Tombow tape runner and Pritt glue stick
Download my base zine collage
Save this PDF to your computer, print it out, and fold it up. Add to it to make it your own.
make a reverse zine
Want a Peek at the rest of the lessons?
60 Minute Zines
Art Journal Zines
Feminist, Anarchist Zines