Ep 017: Enjoy the process
Messy Conversations is a series of interviews with amazing art journalers who share their favorite tools, tips and why they art journal. You’ll get an exclusive peek into their art journal pages and their process. We have a top-notch line up of incredibly artists who will appear on the show each month. We hope that these interviews educate, encourage and inspire you to make something before it’s even over.
- Moving to art when words aren’t enough
- Creating in shorter snippets relieves some pressure
- Art supplies and colors
- Working in layers is her favorite!
- She shows us a bunch of her pages
- Learning about concertinas and accordians
Tips for beginners
- You pretty much can’t mess up.
- There’s no wrong way to art journal.
- Give yourself freedom to experiment and develop your own style.
✨ Free class for creatives ✨
In How to Start Art Journaling, we’ll walk you through the art of art journaling, including how to start doing (🙌) and make your very first art journal page (even if you’ve never even opened an art journal before).
I know what a blocker perfectionism can be.
It’s just paper. If you don’t like it, paint over it!
It’s always been a process of layering things on and finding out where we’re headed along the way.
📌 Pin this or share in Instagram Stories:
TC is in her early 40s and lives in St. Paul, Minnesota. Her favorite part of art journaling is following a feeling or idea and seeing where it leads on a page. The worst part of art journaling for TC is getting to a point when she’s frustrated because things aren’t coming together. Her favorite dinosaur is the Stegosaurus.