Introducing The Season of Creativity
What does creativity look like in your life? Are you living a creative life? How do you know? Where do you find inspiration? This month at Get Messy we are going to help you answer all of these questions. We will teach you where great artists find inspiration and go from idea to art and how you can too.
Don’t you love a walk on the beach? Collecting shells, watching the waves crash, feeling all those big ocean feelings? How do you translate that into an art journal page? That’s exactly what I did below. I gathered up all the things that made my creativity light up and created a brand new piece of artwork that I adore and that holds deep and personal meaning for me.
If you want to learn to take your lovely moments of life and turn them into art, then this season is for you. We will create an entire art journal together using something you already love that is deeply personal and fun: media. Your favorite book, TV show or movie will be our jumping off point this season as we create artwork based off of your life and your interests.
Join us as we learn how to translate the things we love and that catch our attention into beautiful and unique art journal pages. All you need is a little bit of time, your favorite art supplies and a book or movie that makes your artist’s brain light up!
This month you will learn:
- How to translate the things that excite you into artwork
- How to bind your own books
- How to use media you love to create art
- A focused lesson with videos of teaching from your creative mentor, Lauren, and art tutorials based on this month’s theme
- Worksheets to support your learning
- Prompts to keep you focused
- Additional podcasts, tutorials and videos to guide you
- Ideas + inspiration from the community
- Direct access to creative mentor, Lauren, during a live Art Hour call to dig deeper into the lesson and offer you assistance on your projects
- Access to the full Get Messy library of courses, tutorials, seasons, masterclasses, prompts and more
Your mentor this season
Lauren is obsessed with living a wildly creative life, experiencing every color, flavor, and beauty the world has to offer. Lauren travels the world with her musician husband and together they seek inspiration for their art in nooks and crannies that hold eclectic and electric views on life. Lauren is passionate about teaching you how to see the art in your everyday life and translating it into outer expression through art journaling. She will share all of her tips, tricks, and techniques with you this season.
If you’re ready to go from the sidelines of thinking ‘that is beautiful wouldn’t it be cool to make something out of it’ to being a person who follows through and lines her shelves with art she created then this season is for you.