Prepare yourself for a bucket load of fangirling.
Jeannine is one of my favourite people in the world – my editor, my Fairy Bookmother, and all-around dream maker. She changed my life, and in this episode, we’re sharing insight into the process of publishing a book from the perspective of an editor, and of the writer.
We talk about starting with the art. About the relevancy of books in this day and age. Taking your sketchbook to coffee and finding a partner who accepts this. Authenticity, even when you give the reins to someone else. And Jeannine shares a link to submit your own book idea to my publisher.
Podcast Show Notes
- my book! duh!
- Jeannine’s books: Re-Bound: Creating Handmade Books from Recycled and Repurposed Materials and Adventures in Bookbinding
- Jeannine’s creative story
- taking a sketchbook to the cafe and having a partner who accepts that
- Jeannine’s favourite part of her job, her favourite project, and favourite book on her shelf
- Brattle Book Shop in Boston
- being authentic to the author
- Submission Guidelines for publishing with The Quarto Group (my publisher)
- the relevancy of books in the 2020s
- the metric for a successful book