- BUT almost everyone has it
- Makes it very easy for people to comment and discuss things
- Everyone’s already there
- Things are lost very quickly over time, posts with value are hidden
- Kind of searchable, use of tags
- Difficult to get people to join and participate
- Highly searchable and organised
- Very valuable discussions that happen
- Ability to have profiles and messaging between students
- Kind of half way between Facebook and Forums
- Better at archivability + search than FB but still not robust
Having a hashtag is great if you don’t want to spend the time focusing on community.
Using the class comment area is very difficult to maintain. I always turn the comments off on my lessons because I don’t want there to be a comment missing.