Shay is so full of wisdom and kindness, and she encourages that you create the same within yourself too. After hearing a testimonial about her class, that it was “like a spa for your creative soul”, I knew I had to pick her brain. Grab your supplies and listen while you work…
Shay has also offered a coupon code for anyone watching or listening.
Please note that Get Messy does not receive financial gain from sharing this – it is shared only with the aim of furthering your creativity, nurturing this community, and introducing artists to others they might love. Community over competition.
Shay is the guest artist for the Season of Mindfulness at Get Messy. Join and receive instant access to her lessons (including the video version of this discussion). Take a peek at them here.
Podcast Show Notes
- finding freedom
- art being inherently vulnerable
- “should”ing yourself
- how we can cultivate self trust through listening, allowing, and supporting ourselves
- restraining from toxic positivity
- being a mother bear
- the freedom in creating art as an overarching value and repeated choice
- working to your strengths and giving yourself credit
- how to treat your art
- how to nourish your artist self
- measuring and comparing yourself to others
- finding looseness
- having a small skillset and being a beginner
- building your window of tolerance for growth
- routines and travel kits
- being enough