This is the story of what happens when a perfectionist decides to actively go against her own nature in lieu of making the art that her soul needs.
Iris and I talk about her brave decision to deliberately choose wonkiness, ignore self-doubt, and go for process over product in order to live her true creative life. If you’re a perfectionist, Iris will encourage you to give yourself permission for your recovery to start with art.
Podcast Show Notes
- being vulnerable with yourself
- having to go through the sucky bit so that you can bloom again
- making the conscious decision to choose the type of art you create in order to rebel against perfectionism
- choosing process over end result
- how grunge can help with letting go during the process
- how to raise creative children
- how to make time for art, and what art can look like at different stages
- having a creative business and teaching art
- “Your creative business is only as good as your creative practice” – Emily Jeffords
- putting art online and feeling the need to be a guru
- how to still be yourself, but find a way