Ep 003: Think about the world in a slightly different way
Messy Conversations is a series of interviews with amazing art journalers who share their favorite tools, tips and why they art journal. You’ll get an exclusive peek into their art journal pages and their process. We have a top-notch line up of incredibly artists who will appear on the show each month. We hope that these interviews educate, encourage and inspire you to make something before it’s even over.
We’re overjoyed to bring you our next interview with Essie. Essie has some crazy talent, a great accent and the most adorable little boy. You guys are going to love her!
- How Essie started art journaling
- How Essie finds time to make with a full-time job + being a mom
- Scheduling art journaling as part of your work
- How Essie uses art journaling to process emotions and events in her personal life
- Using crafting to manage anxiety
- Using the Get Messy prompts
- Where Essie finds inspiration
Tips For New Art Journalers
- Start with the things you used to love doing as a kid
- Try and use old things in new ways
- Remember you can’t get it wrong, so the more you do the more you will create
With creativity, it ebbs and it flows. Sometimes you are just immensely productive and it just pours out of you and other times it is really hard. But you have to show up even when it’s hard otherwise it just all falls apart.
It’s so good to be able to represent things visually because sometimes words just aren’t enough and you want to be able to process and accept things and the visual is a great way to do that.
Creativity is definitely something that should be shared and skills are things we should be disseminating with each other as artists as that’s how we make each other more awesome.
I engage with creativity on a verbal, wordy level, and I like being able to take those ideas and transform them into a different mode and make them visual because it is a way of understanding them on a different level, which for me is very important.
There is so much to be gained from being brave and just jumping in.
📌 Pin this or share in Instagram Stories:
Essie is basically a Unicorn. She has healing powers, magical properties, and she refuses to be handled by men.